Active Shooter Defense Level 3+ Ballistic Body Armor Single Chest Plate [10″ x 12″ Swimmer’s Cut]
The Active Shooter Defense Level 3+ Ballistic Body Armor Single Chest Plate in Swimmer’s Cut securely fits into the front compartment of your Active Shooter Defense Tactical Body Armor Vest or similar plate carrier.
Engineered with an Ultra High Hardness (UHH) steel core inside to help you evade, escape or — at worst — stop up to an M193 5.56 x 45mm round commonly fired from an AR-15 rifle.
Your Active Shooter Defense Level 3+ Ballistic Body Armor Chest Plate is lab tested, NIJ compliant and outfitted with these dynamic safety features:
- One Level 3+ body armor single chest plate (10″ x 12″ Swimmer’s Cut) made with Ultra High Hardness (UHH) steel core
- Patent-pending Combat Quad-Bend (CQB) forming process provides the most comfortable body armor plate fit available
- Modeled after military Tier 1 operations to achieve a tried-and-true fit for tactical applications
- NIJ compliant, lab tested and verified to meet or exceed ballistic resistance under NIJ-0101.06 Level 3 specifications that are rated for M80 Ball (7.62 x 51mm / .308 caliber) rounds travelling at 2800 feet per second, including all AK rifle variants and Green Tip M855 rounds.
- Lab tested and proven to withstand multiple impacts from M193 5.56 x 45mm rounds commonly fired from an AR-15 rifle at 3100 feet/sec
- Armor plate with base coat only weighs 8.1 LBS (9.3 LBS total weight with additional build-up coating)
- Ten year manufacturer’s warranty
Maximize your personal protection factor with upgrades to your Ballistic Body Armor Single Chest Plate with the RHINO® Bullet Splatter Mitigation Build-Up Coating. It’s designed to protect you and those around you from potential collateral damage caused by bullet fragmentation and splatter.
Reduce the physical blow of a strike face impact with a High Energy Impact Trauma Reduction Pad. The trauma pad lines the back face of your body armor plate and dissipates energy transfer shockwaves upon strike face impact to minimize soft tissue injury.
Complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.
Your Active Shooter Defense Level 3+ Ballistic Body Armor Plate undergoes a specialized 5-step extra build-up process to improve bullet fragment containment. The advanced safety coating significantly reduces the potential for collateral damage from bullets that hit the strike face of your armor plates. Build-up coating maintains an ultrathin profile at just ½" thickness. Coating also protects your armor plate from the elements and requires zero maintenance.
Upgrade your Active Shooter Defense Body Armor Plate with the RHINO® Bullet Splatter Mitigation Build-Up Coating and maximize your personal protection factor.
Powerful shockwaves follow the impact of a bullet against your Active Shooter Defense Ballistic Body Armor Plate. This lightweight ¼" thin foam material lines the back of your body armor plate to act as an additional barrier between a bullet hitting the strike face and your body.
High Energy Impact Trauma Reduction Pad is made using a custom NIJ pattern wheel and ultrasonic sewing machine to create a rip-stop, watertight seal. Highly durable nylon fabric is easy to keep clean and sanitary.